Medication Question
I take lamictal for a mood disorder. Is this med toxic to the kidneys? I'm at stage 3 and my gfr is 39.

lamictal is contraindictaed in patients with kidney disorders.

"Accumulation in Kidneys: Lamotrigine was found to accumulate in the kidney of the male rat, causing chronic progressive nephrosis, necrosis, and mineralization. These findings are attributed to α-2 microglobulin, a species- and sex-specific protein that has not been detected in humans or other animal species."
www.healthyplace.com/communities/bipolar/treatment/medications/lamictal_pi.asp

You will need to discuss the situation with your prescribing doctor and cease taking lamictal at the earliest.
Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.

Regards

I'll be seeing a nephrologist June 20th. My present Dr. (internal med.) said I don't need to watch my diet and that all my meds were okay. He also said I did not need to see a neph. untill my gfr was down to 15. I'm changing doctors. And I was wondering if hard work in a very hot factory is hard on my kidneys?

Thank You!