Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Medullary Sponge Kidney
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Medullary Sponge Kidney

I'm so confused! I was just told that I have MSK and I don't understand what in in store for my furture with this can someone help me better understand this disease.
Related Discussions
489228_tn?1291535054
I also have MSK and we have a great MSK forum here on medhelp

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/256?personal_page_id=30644

MSK is a birth defect in the collecting ducts of your kidneys.  For many there are few problems but for some of us it can result in calcifications in the collecting ducts, chronic infection and even pain.  I hope you will come check us out and read the health pages on the forum as well.

Do not be alarmed though, most patients are on the internet when they are hurting and not doing well.  When people feel better they go on with their life.  I say that because we have a great support forum but we lean on one another through the stones, pain infection etc.
We have learned a lot together esp for that group of us that lives with
Chronic unexplained pain.  If you do not have the symptoms I do not want you to be alarmed either, but instead learn from what we know to prevent long term problems!

Again welcome, you are among friends.  Feel free to pm me any questions you might have!

Shelly
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank