My Mother is a kidney transplant patient (12 years) and her creatinine level shot up to 5mg/dl
My mother had her kidney transplant done in 1999 and for all these years she's been fine with a few cases of ups and downs. However, last year her creatinine level went upto 2 mg/dl which her doctor said was alright since it's a baseline value. this year, around june, she started feeling weaker and went to a local doctor here (dhaka, bangladesh) and he added irbesartan to her medication and raised her cyclosporine dose levels from 50-25mg to 75-25mg .. after that she got weaker, blood pressure was high more often, and her reports showed her creatinine level jumped to 5mg/dl and hemoglobin dropped to 10.5 .. She's been having diarrhea for the past couple of months too and is now admitted in the hospital. Can anyone please help with some suggestions?