Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Pain after urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Pain after urination

Hi I was just wondering this only happens once and while and last a couple hours to a couple days. I have mid abdominal pain that radiates to my back but it stays there for a while constant but goes away after about  an hour or longer then as soon as I go void again it starts to hurt but doe not start til after I have urinated? What can this be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other signs or symptoms present such as fever or chills? This could be urinary tract infection which usually presents with a strong, persistent urge to urinate; a burning sensation or pain when urinating; passing frequent, small amounts of urine or blood in the urine. Fever and flank pain may also be observed if the infection involves the kidneys. Diagnosis is through urine analysis and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor are usually the treatment of choice. Drinking  plenty of fluids and urinating frequently usually helps. Take care and keep us posted.
Hi, I would say that it sounds like a kydney stone so get to the doctor & have some xrays taken before you are in a lot of discomfort. Yes it could be a urinary tract infection, but- that would burn like heck when you do pee so you would know if you had that.(An infection could be a sign of stones also.) If a stone is moving it is likely that it would be painfull after urinating as that is when it will move, people have told me they get pain in thier back but I get it down low in the front. Just food for thought, I will be thinking of you & will be very interested to see what it is as I have stones so have some experiance with them, good luck.
there are two types of urinary tract infections, kidney infections and bladder infections, so def sounds like some kind of uti