Pain in right side waist, towards the back, a small lump
I am experiencing pain on the right side of my waist, towards the back for 5 days. Sleeping on right side causes increase in pain. I can also feel a small lump in that area which hurts when I press it. I have been taking anti inflammatory (ibuprofen, 400 mg) for 2 days to relieve the pain and to see if it is only inflammation. I didn't feel the pain for about 10 hours after taking ibuprofen. But the pain is not gone completely. I am more worried about the small lump that I can feel. What could be the diagnosis and what kind of doctor should I be seeing?
This could be due to a knot in the muscle or a sprain/strain in the back.
Muscle knots are abnormal areas within the muscle, which cause pain.They are the source of a large amount of pain and misery, and treating them is important.
You could apply heat/cold packs on the affectsd area.Also NSAID's can help reduce pain.
You could also exercise but that can be decided only after the correct diagnosis is made.
Since you do not have urinary symptoms it is unlikely to be kidney pain.
You could see a general surgeon/orthopaedist.