Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Pain under rib cage right side ( 7 yrs !!)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

I feel like I have a brick in under my ribs on the right side - It all started with my first pregnancy in 2003 - I had a buring stinging pain and they assumed it was my gallblader (gallbladder) -  I had 2 so called gallbladder attacks where I started vomiting and couldnt stop - rushed to ER but my labs and ultrasound never showed an irritated gallblader (gallbladder) - 4 weeks after I gave birth they took my gallblader (gallbladder) out after another "attack" even though it looked ok ....
I have had this pain still for the past 7 years ..... I had 2 more kids in the past 7 years and during all pregnancys had constent UTI's .....and burning pain under my ribs that ran through right to my back -
In 2009 I had a kidney stone attack - and was diagnosed with a 10mm stone ....... yeah ! finally - that was the cause of my constent UTI's ......now that the stones been blasted Ive gotten rid of the UTI's but the pain is still there -
I always feel like I have a brick in me - my right side always aches and burns ....
Is it possible that my kidney is damaged from having a stone ? The doctors are convinced its a neurological or nerve thing because all my lab work is fine .....Im frustrated !!! Any ideas ?
I have a rib that pops out of place and pinches a nerve causing pain in the URQ, burning pain radiating around the rib and muscle spasms (feels like I am being stabbed in the back and the blade is being twisted).  This happens every time I get bronchitis, which is about every 3 months.  

With that in mind, have you had chest x-rays, rib detail x-rays or seen a chiro.  My personal experience is a chiro doesn't work for me.  However, I have an AMAZING physical therapist (also a doctor of chiropractic, but aproaches things more from the PT angle) who does a wonderful job with it.  My PT was changing facilities and I was forced to see another PT the last time it popped out.  The new PT told me that my rib is popped out in the wrong direction (only about 5% of people pop their ribs out that way).  So I wonder if that is why a chiro doesn't work for me.  I have gotten to see MY PT since then, and I am doing well at the moment.  

Anyway, that might be something to look into.  A pain management dr referred me to my PT.

Feel better.  I can't imagine living with that pain for 7 years.  I lived with mine for 1 1/2 years on narcotic pain meds.  I won't go back to that, ever.