Pelvicaliectasis
I was just told that I have a mild left pelvicaliectasis while I was having a CT done that determined that I have a 7mm mass on my left adrenal gland. I cant find anything about this on the internet. What is it exactly in laymans terms and should I be concerned about it?? Please Help
per http://rad.usuhs.edu/medpix/parent.php3?mode=pt_printer&pt_id=9356&showall=yes

Pelvicaliectasis is a term used to describe a dilated renal pelvis and calyces. It is not synonymous with the word hydronephrosis. Hydronephrosis is a term used to describe a dilated renal pelvis and calyces that are specifically caused by an obstructive process. Pelvicaliectasis exists when the renal pelvis and calyces are dilated without any evidence of obstruction. There are multiple causes of pelvicaliectasis and hydronephrosis. Common causes of hydronephrosis include ureteropelvic junction obstruction, ureterovescical junction obstruction, general ureteral obstruction/stricture, renal transplant obstruction, obstructed upper collecting system duplication, ureterocele, bladder outlet obstruction, urethral valves, an obstructing pelvic mass, and benign prostatic hypertrophy. Common causes of pelvicaliectasis include an ileal loop diversion, prune belly syndrome, multicystic dysplastic kidney, and polycystic kidney disease. Ultrasound is an excellent modality to determine if the renal pelvis and calyces are dilated while renal lasix scintigraphy is an excellent way to evaluate the function of the kidney, and to help determine if a dilated renal collecting system is obstructed or not.