Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Please help_CKD stage3

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Please help_CKD stage3

Hi, My mother is diganosed with lupus nephrities ( stage iiia). she is taking cellcept ( 500mg x2) & predisolone ( wysolone 40 mg). what could be the side effects of these drugs. she has a severe stomach pain ( lower abdominal pain) & from last 3-4 days she has back pain as well. nausea & vomiting feeling. it is difficult for her to walk the few meters, after what duration we should go for KFT test

Waiting for the responses, earlier responses would be appreciated as she is facing lot of difficulties due to this
My mother also have high sugar level & Blood pressure & she is taking medicines for these, so all these drugs can change the LFT & KFT reports as her figures changed only in 10 days. 10 days before all the figures were normal in LFT & creatinine levl was 0.89 & now creatinine is 1.17 & urea level has been increased from 35 to 70, utric acid is 12.5. what we can do.please help.
My name is Quinn Philip. My wife experienced a total kidney failure as a result of inflammation of the kidney also known as Lupus nephritis. This was very challenging as a husband and a father. After a successful kidney transplantation surgery and proper treatment, she got back her life. I came to realize that other people with such a problem need attention, care, advice and support. I am here to do the little I can in helping you if you let me. I hope to share my experience and give advice/support. Feel free to send me a message anytime.
Thanks a lot Phillip. I need your experience & advice, we can't do Kidney transplantation in case of my mother, as she is already ILD patient. so we are trying to slow down this process. at what stage your wife was, when detected with CKD & how much time took to kidney failure? did she faced the same complications of severe stomach & back pain, or is this means that if she is having severe pain so this is inflammation of the process. what other things we can do to serve her better. I appreciate your quick response. Thanks
I just sent you a private message. Going by my experience, I also forgot to mention that continues healthy eating can slow down this process. Reduce the intake of cholesterol and salt. Her health condition is characterized with severe pain. For now, I strongly advise that you consult your doctor on the proper diet she should take and if she should continue taking the already prescribed drugs. Please respond to my message as soon as you can. Thanks.