Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Pls advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Pls advice

Hi there,

I'm having this weird small cramp at the region of my left side, beside the abs. It happens once in a while, it's like a cramp that sorta like my heart beat. Could it possibly be a tumor or stone at my left kidney ?

What are the possibility that causes this, and what department should i look for if i decided to go for a check up for this problem ?

Thanks in advance!
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There could be many causes for the pain you are experiencing. If the pain starts at the back and goes down to the front of the abdomen, it could most probably be a renal colic. This happens when urine is trying to pass through an obstruction usually a stone. But this pain is very severe and colicky. Other causes for pain could be peptic ulcer disease and GERD. The pain could also be infections of the bowel and bladder, prolapsed intervertebral disc or inflammatory diseases of the colon.You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper evaluation of pain and therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar n tn
Hi DrAnitha,

Thanks for your advice. I'm still concern about this problem, although it happens once in a while, mostly during I'm at a sitting posture/position. It doesn't cause any pain yet, just felt irritated by the crampy beat

Recently did a blood test and H-pylori test, the results were alright. Will try to visit a physician next when I have time.

Thank you very much. And I will still welcome any other constructive advice that can be provided from other readers.

Cheers.