Polycystic Kidney Disease risk
My mother in law is one of 4 siblings all now in their late 50's early 60's. Her eldist sister, who has always had kidney trouble was diagnised with this disease, he daughter has it as well. None of the other siblings seem to have the disease, my mother in law does not have kidney pain or high blood pressure nor does my wife who is now pregnant with our second child. My question is since inheritance of the disease is 50/50, her aunt has it but her mother is apparenty disease free. My wife has no symptoms and I have no family history is the likly hood good my children will be ok? Based on what I have read the only ones at risk would be Her Aunts line.
Can anyone help me on this?
OK I am having a hard time understanding all of the relations.  LOL. But I can tell you that I have PKD and I know how I got it and who will or won't get it.  I got PKD from my father.  His mother had it.  My father has 2 other siblings who do not have it.  I have a brother who do not have it.  I have 2 children and 1 of them have it.  I was told by my kidney doctor that if you do not have it then your children will not.  It does not skip a generation. So for example my brother does not have it so his children and their children will not have the disease.  My eldest daughter does not have it so her children will not have it.  My other daughter has it so it is a 50/50 chance that she will pass it on to her children.  I hope that this information helps.  
There is no way to tell who can or can't get pkd. even if everyone in your family had it that still doesn't mean anything. The risk is higher sure, but doesn't mean someone will get it. I had it in one kidney and had it removed and No one else in my family has ever had it.