Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Post kidney stone laser surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Post kidney stone laser surgery

I had laser surgery to blast a kidney stone 12 days ago.  My left side still feels quite uncomfortable when I am sitting down.''Is this normal and how long will it last?
Did they place a urinary-stent? It's quite common for the urologist to place a stent post laser cystoscopy, as there is swelling of the ureter. Could it be that your pain is related to the stent?

I actually have a stent in place right now (coming out tomorrow thank God), and it causes quite a bit of discomfort (I wouldn't call it pain, per se).

If you don't have a stent present, I would say that it's residual pain from the laser-cystoscopy. I've watched some of my past cystoscopy's (recorded from the OR), and they're quite violent on your internals (IE: kidney, ureter & bladder).

Contact your urologist for a follow up... best advice I can give.