Protein Leakage in Urine
I wonder if you are able to put my mind at rest, as my GP is being rather dismissive and blames all of this on my underactive thyroid - recent blood test confirmed it is overactive so my thyroxine intake has been reduced slightly.

Approx 1 yr ago I started to suffer with cloudy urine and continue to do so. Some days it is very bad others it is clear.

Every urine test has confirmed there is protein in my urine. However, my blood test confirmed I have normal kidney function. My GP referred me to a Urologist earlier this year and I have had a CT Scan, Ultrasound, X-rays and a Cystoplasty test (not sure how you spell it). All tests have come back clear, apart from the CT Scan that confirms my left kidney has a lot of scarring due to past infections.

I have suffered many kidney infections in the past and wonder if this has caused my problems. I have pain in my lower back and my right kidney is very painful.

My urologist has confirmed that there is nothing they can do for me as it is not a urine problem and I am now having to be referred to a Renal Physcian for further investigation.

Please can someone explain to me what a leaking kidney is and why is it doing it? I have also started to suffer with bouts of nausea, diarreah, swelling hands and feeling exhausted and weak.

I am a 39 year old woman, work full time and also study for a degree. I am generally in good health apart from the underactive thyroid. I also suffer with acid reflex disease.