Recent ER visit with no answers
Hi all,
I just went to the emergency room last night for sharp stabbing pain in my upper left abdomen. It started around 8:40 about 45 min to an hour after I ate my dinner(Pizza). It started once every 10 or 15 minutes then quickly became worse and faster. I felt like someone was stabbing me it shot right through from the front to the back like an electrical shock. I have had kidney stones so I am no stranger to them, this felt nothing like that. Similarity in the pain but location was way off. With the kidney stones I felt the need to urinate and couldn't I felt  pain all in through my lower back this was centered next to my stomach a little below it and on the left side. It helped a first to press on that point then it became very sensitive to the touch. I was given antiinflamatory medicine and hydromorphone and sent home with a diagnosis of possible kidney stones, but there was no blood in my urine. I still feel pressure there but no more shooting pains.Still no stone or blood in urine, what should I do, has anyone had this happen and gotten a diagnosis?
Kidney stones can be seen with a CT scan.  Did they do one?  When I went to the ER with my stone I was vomiting quite a bit and that was worse than the pain - for me.