Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Recent ER visit with no answers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Recent ER visit with no answers

Hi all,
I just went to the emergency room last night for sharp stabbing pain in my upper left abdomen. It started around 8:40 about 45 min to an hour after I ate my dinner(Pizza). It started once every 10 or 15 minutes then quickly became worse and faster. I felt like someone was stabbing me it shot right through from the front to the back like an electrical shock. I have had kidney stones so I am no stranger to them, this felt nothing like that. Similarity in the pain but location was way off. With the kidney stones I felt the need to urinate and couldn't I felt  pain all in through my lower back this was centered next to my stomach a little below it and on the left side. It helped a first to press on that point then it became very sensitive to the touch. I was given antiinflamatory medicine and hydromorphone and sent home with a diagnosis of possible kidney stones, but there was no blood in my urine. I still feel pressure there but no more shooting pains.Still no stone or blood in urine, what should I do, has anyone had this happen and gotten a diagnosis?
Kidney stones can be seen with a CT scan.  Did they do one?  When I went to the ER with my stone I was vomiting quite a bit and that was worse than the pain - for me.