Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Recently dx with fsgs stage 5 renal failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

I am a 34 yo AA female, 5'7 155 lbs. In March of this year my GI doctor (I have Chrohn's) noticed that my kidney function had started to decline rather rapidly. I was given a referral to a Nephrologist and by my 1st visit in July 2011 my kidney function was 29%. I had no real symptoms that there was an issue except for the foamy urine. I had a kidney biopsy done 8/8/11 and my kidney function was 20% at that time. On yesterday my doctor dx me ad having fsgs and inflammation due to the prolonged usage of NSAIDs. She also advised me that my kidney damage can not be reversed and I should start thinking of possible donors. My questions are: What is the typical prognosis for someone who's decline is so rapid? If/when I start dialysis, how long does it take for the average person to adjust to the changes and get back to their normal routine? What symptoms should I look for that would require immediate medical care (ie. headches, dizzyness, etc.)?