Recurring UTI caused by Smoking ?
Is it true that Urinary Tract Infections can be caused by smoking?            Ive been having super painful urination and difficulty holding it in off and on throughout the past several months and a friend told me its probably just recurring UTIs, which she claims could be caused by my supposedly 'constant smoking'. That sounds totally crazy to me because I've been smoking for like almost five years and this just started happening this Fall for the first time ever. Besides I barely smoke like two packs of cigarettes on most workdays, maybe three packs if its a weekend or I have the day off, so I just don't think its smoking related.

Ive taken azo standard and drank cranberry juice and stuff but it still wont go away, and it's been this like stinging or burning pain whenever I am finally able to pee after trying for like an hour. Worse, last night I was on a date with a really cute guy to go see the movie 'Little Fockers' and I laughed so hard I literally could not stop from peeing myself. I was so embarrassed I almost cried, until I thought to 'accidentally' spill my coke all over my lap to try and cover it up so he wouldn't know. I'm just worried that it might be something more way serious but I dont have health insurance and dont know what else to do.                           Any ideas? Thanks and god bless! ---  Becky
UTIs are the worst! Ive never heard of smoking causing UTIs but I wouldnt be suprised if they caused it in some round-about way. Im kinda a heavy smoker myself, although apparently not as much as you girl, and Im always affraid that my smoking is causing me various health problems, but it still doesnt exactly stop me from chain smoking either!

If the AZO standard and cranberry juice and water still havent take care of it, you may have to bite the bullet and go get tested for an STD or something else more serious!
These UTIs are the awful, for me to have another intensely painful flare up right around valentines day is the absolute worst! i hope its not caused by smoking, although theres no way i would ever quit smoking or anything, because i like it too much and am so addicted and everything, i may like need to get tested to see whatelse it could be. i hope its not another std again, that would be so gross and just too much.