Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Reduced Kidney Function?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reduced Kidney Function?

Hello I am a thirty year old female,

Six months ago I had 100% kidney functioning, then three months ago was checked again and it came down to 77% functioning total. Now two months after the last check it's down 73% total functioning. I want to know why it keeps reducing. I see a nephrologist and he isn't doing much about it. I am getting a second opinion on a Urologist.

Any advice or input would be great
Thanks,
Lisa
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Did you have any respiratory illnesses in recent times? Any viral or bacterial infections that left you feeling unwell, with fever, for days? I assume that you are not diabetic and that your BP is good?
Blank
Hi,
No, no illnesses or infections. I might have diabetes I'm already pre-diabetic. My BP is good though.

Lisa
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Are you referring to GFR? According to the National Kidney Foundation, normal results range from 90 - 120 mL/min/1.73 m2. Older people will have lower normal GFR levels, because GFR decreases with age. Your level is below the normal range. The reducing values could be due to diabetes or hypertension or other kidney diseases. Only further investigations can help diagnose the cause.

To improve this you can check to see if you are a diabetic or hypertensive and have these controlled. Also, avoid alcohol and stop smoking. And exercise regularly. Recheck your values at regular intervals.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank