Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Regular Mouh Ulcers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Regular Mouh Ulcers

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I am nearly 2 years into my kidney transplant since stopping on predinislone I have in the last 5 months had a continual succession of mouth ulcers especially under the tongue. Probably over that period had about 10 days without pain. Any solutions and do others suffer as well. Really dragging me down.
Hi there,
After a kidney transplant there may be development of cold sores of herpes-simplex virus type 1 and 2 which infect the skin around the mouth causing painful blisters. Though herpes infection is sexually transmitted this is not always the case with transplant patients. Recurrent aphthous ulcers could possibly be related to an immunological factor. There are a number of underlying or precipitating factors for these ulcers like anemia, vitamin deficiencies, stress and trauma from sharp teeth, dental braces/fillings or a tooth brush. It can also be part of a more widespread disease affecting other parts of the body like   Behçet's disease. Contact your transplant team if you have any concerns. Do keep us posted.
Best of luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank