Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Renal cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Renal cyst

Can anyone tell me why these cysts are forming and what to do about them?
My husband had U/S last week and they found one septated cyst in his R kidney. He has mild symptoms of burning inside  of his R quadrant . I am wondering if this has to be look after immediately....the recomendations were to check again in 3-6 months time with another U/S. Should I be worrying?
Thank you, Sunes.
Could very well be polycystic kidney disease. Check and see if there is a long line of family history.  There is a 50% chance that a sibling or offsprind will have it. Polycystic kidney invovles highblood pressure, aneurysms, and eventually kidney failure. Go see a nephrologist that specializes in the kidney. Totsy  
Just wanted to offer some hope on this one.  My family has rampant Polycystic Kidney Disease.  Everyone who has been tested for it has it, so at this point we assume it's pretty much 100%.  

Only one of us has actually experienced kidney failure (in his late 50's), and none have had aneurysms.  The one that had kidney failure successfully received a transplant and is living and healthy today, and so far no one has died from anything related to the condition and all that have passed on lived long normal lives into their late 70's and early 80's.  So, PKD is NOT a death sentence and can be lived with in a very happy and normal way.