Rhabdo and CPK readings
My 26 year old daughter trained for a marathon for 4 months with a well known training group in our area.  During the training, she had runs of up to 20 miles.  Last week was the marathon- at around mile 13-14 she said her muscles started cramping- she had been hydrating several days before the race and felt the dehydration was not the cause. She forced herself to walk to almost mile 24, and kept drinking along the way.  Finally the medics took her into the medical tent.  They worked on her for a couple of hours and suggested that stop at the ER on the way home to get checked out.  At the ER she was told that she had rhabdo and her CPK readings were 100,000.  They put her in ICU and monitored her over night.  The next day, her CPK readings were up to 449,000.  The liver specialist put her on dialysis last Monday.  Levels kept decreasing and she was removed from dialysis on Thursday afternoon and removed from ICU once her CPK levels got down to 107,000. Today, Sunday, May 9th they are now down to 10,000.  So far the doctors say that there has been no kidney or liver damage.  They have brought in a rheumatologist to try to run some tests and do a possible muscle biopsy once she gets back to normal. All of the doctors seem to be stumped.

Have you ever heard of levels like this and do you have any ideas of how this could have happened to a healthy 26 year old young lady that does not smoke, take drugs of any type?
I am 25 and young and fit, I goto the gym a few times a week and I have a physical job, one day I decided to try out a boot camp training session, after this I had extremely sore legs, I could not move them at all and I could not bend my knees. I went to the doctor 3 days later who took blood and my ck level was 65000 when the normal level is 44-250, I had another blood test 3 days after that and my ck levels had gone up to 81000, but my kidneys were still working fine. Now more than a week later, the pain in my legs is almost gone completely but I am still unable to bend my knees.