Scleroderma
I was diagnosed with scleroderma in Jan of 1999. By Nov. I was on dialysis. I was 41. After 16 months and alot of prayers I was able to get off, no transplant. A blessing from God. I have 1 kidney, the other is not functioning. My kidney function is 31%, Creatnine is 1.5.  I am fine, very active, on the go,,But last week my son, 26, born with Spina Bifida,  was diagnosed with Stage 4 Kidney failure, creatnine 2.8.  It was Stage 3 a few months ago. He was in the hospital at the time and I hope it doesn't stay at that level. He saw what I went through and stated that he will not do Dialysis...He just got out of the hospital from a lengthy illness, has an ileostomy now.. My big question is, what percentage of kidney function do you lose a year?  We both have issues and I am just kinda wanting to get an idea..
I understand your concern regarding kidney function issues especially with your son's recent diagnosis. The percentage that one loses in a year depends on a variety of factors such as diagnosis, medical history, symptoms, and other risk factors such as  cardiovascular issues, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, elevated cholesterol, and even family history of CKD. Presence of infections, drugs, or toxins injurious to the kidney are also factors to consider. Hope this helps. It is best that you discuss this also with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.