Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Severe Pain in Lower Right Back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Severe Pain in Lower Right Back

I am new to this but I wanted to get on and figure out if anyone has had any symptoms like me....

I have had a pain in my right lower back since January. It started out only coming about once a month over my period...then it became more frequent. I went to the doctor and he sent me to a urologist. He said that I had kidney stones. But they were still in my kidney and they don't hurt while in the kidney. He did many cat scans, xrays, and a 24 hour urine test. NOTHING was wrong except small stones still inside the kidney. Now the pain comes every day it hurts so bad I can barely breath or eat. Sometimes it feels as if it is reaching my side but then goes back to my back. If I suck in my stomach it starts to hurt worse and gives me a vomit feeling in my stomach. The pain takes my breath away and comes in waves, one after the other.

Can anyone help me???
Hello, sorry to hear your pain. I'm going thru the same thing. I've been having discomfort on my left lower back, it comes and goes. I had an CT Scan and nothing came out. The only thing is I have trace of blood on my urine. Today i went to an urgent care and still found trace of blood, but this time it was less then the other 3 visits. Also, i found debri or crystals in my urine which dissolved like sand. I've been drinking Chanta Piedra, it's a herb home remedy which dissolves the stones, try it. You can get it at the market, boil it for 5 to 10 min and put it in the fridge, and drink it like water, you'll see how better you'll feel. if you want google it (chanta piedra) for more insight, hope this helps. Next month i'll be going to my urologist to perform a procedure to look into my bladder.  
It seems to me that the stones in your kidney are being expelled. What you are describing seems to be essentially renal/ureteric colic.By that i mean the nature of your pain. It is consistent with your history of kidney stones confirmed by the investigations.
What you could do is drink plenty of water,1-2 litres. This is essentially to help in flushing out the stones.
How-ever if it so bad that you cannot bear it you could visit your local doctor for a pain-killer shot and to discuss other treatment options.