Small Stone that won't pass
I have had stones off and on for 6 years. No matter what size I usually have to have medi9cal intervention to hav ethem removed. I have had to have a 1mm removed before. I currently have a 1mm stone that is sitting just out side of the bladder, which is where they always seen to get stuck. I have a new doctor this time around since my old one moved to Florida. I have done all I can do with drinking the fluids and taking Flomax. THe doctor keep saying lets wait another week because he really just doesn't wan tot go in after that small of a stone. Well I really don't want to do that either, but if it won't pass it won't pass. In the past my stones have been very jagged, so it isn't that size is the issue it is that they get stuck because the edges dig in and stay there.

So anyway I have never gone this long without it being removed. What can happen if they just sit there? Should I maybe get another opinion from another doctor?

Cindy
Colorado
How are you? A stone 6 millimeters or less may not need any surgical intervention because it can pass on its own usually within the next three days.   However, if the stones  do not pass and you have continuing symptoms such as pain, or the stone diagnosed is  6 millimeters or larger, it is best to see a urologist. If you are not comfortable with waiting for a longer period because of the severity of symptoms it causes and the fact that the stone does not pass on its own, you can certainly ask another doctor for this.

Take care and keep us posted.