Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Stabbing back pain!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Stabbing back pain!

I was diagnosed with a UTI 3 days ago and was prescribed antibiotics. I am half way through the course and the burning wee has gone, but I've developed a constant stabbing pain in my left lower back and more of a dull pain round my left side. Could this pain be kidney related? I will go back to the doctors tomorrow, but the pain seems to be increasing and I'm a bit concerned.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

It is nice that you are on antibiotics and your burning wee has gone. The constant stabbing pain in the left lower back seems to me to be related to the UTI. I cannot conclusively comment as I am not aware where exactly the pain is.

Its good that you are seeing a doctor soon. May be he will examine and ask for X Ray KUB or an ultrasound of KUB and abdomen to finds out the cause of your pain.

Regards.