Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Stabbing back pain!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Stabbing back pain!

I was diagnosed with a UTI 3 days ago and was prescribed antibiotics. I am half way through the course and the burning wee has gone, but I've developed a constant stabbing pain in my left lower back and more of a dull pain round my left side. Could this pain be kidney related? I will go back to the doctors tomorrow, but the pain seems to be increasing and I'm a bit concerned.
Avatar dr m tn

It is nice that you are on antibiotics and your burning wee has gone. The constant stabbing pain in the left lower back seems to me to be related to the UTI. I cannot conclusively comment as I am not aware where exactly the pain is.

Its good that you are seeing a doctor soon. May be he will examine and ask for X Ray KUB or an ultrasound of KUB and abdomen to finds out the cause of your pain.

Regards.