Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Stage 1 CKD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Stage 1 CKD

Hello, I have a 6 year old daughter that was born with hydronephrosis in her left kidney and grade 2 reflux in her right kidney. Some time between birth and 1 year old her left kidney dissolved and by age 3 her reflux had went completly away. We had not had any problems until last April when she started complaining of her heart beating fast, after several trips to the ER and Doctor's office we were finally sent to a cardiologist and found out that she has tachycardia which is not all that bad but he was concered with her blood pressure and wanted her to see her nephrologist. We seen her neph and they did a 24hr ambp which showed abnormal blood pressure reading durning awake and sleepng hours we went back to the neph and they said she has secondary hypertension (renal) hypertension and Stage 1 CKD they started her on enilipril we stared out on 2.5mg and now we are at 10mg 1x daily pur last visit they put her on a fluid pill HTCZ 12.5mg and told me to have her blood drawn 2 weeks after she started the new med well I did. Her creatinine levels have been 0.7 since we started having monthly blood work 2 weeks after she started this new med it went up to 0.8. Is there any reason to be worried my biggest fear is that is going to go into renal failuar.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Since her creatinine levels are normal you need not worry. Take care to keep the blood pressure under control and to be cautious about infections which could deteriorate the kidney function. Keep monitoring the creatinine levels.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks so much, her appetiet has decreased and she is itching like crazy does this have anything to do with it
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Check to see if she is allergic to the medications. Sometimes the itching could be due to renal failure. Hope her blood pressures are controlled. Her symptoms of loss of appetite could be due to an infection or due to fluid accumulation. I suggest you consult your doctor, he may evaluate  to rule out an infection and if the medications are adequate to control her symptoms due to kidney failure.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.