Stage 2 Bilateral Reflux
My 7 year old was diagnosed with grade 2 bilateral reflux when she was 6.  She has had the Deflux implant procedure done twice on her right side and once on the left.  When the doctor redid the right side in December of 08, she could not see an opening on the left side, so she left it alone.  In a recent VCUG, it revealed that she is refluxing on the left side.  We have a couple of options for treatment.  The doctor can't guarantee that she will be able to see an opening in the left side because she couldn't in December, however, the Deflux procedure again on the left side is an option.  The other option is to have the "BIG" surgery.  My daughter seems to always fall in that 1% - she has had 8 anesthesia- and we are reluctant to go with the Deflux to have it turn into the "Big" surgery down the road.  We don't like her on antibiotics all the time and without them she has chronic UTI's - bad ones.

With grade 2 and her history of the Deflux implant not being successful, should we consider the "BIG" surgery or do the Deflux procedure one more time on the left side?  Her doctor says that she will do the Deflux  twice(per side)  before going to the surgery.
My daughter was diagnosed at six months of age. Here's my take on what she went through and how I'm trying to help others... I got so many questions I finally wrote an article about it.

http://factoidz.com/when-your-child-has-bilateral-refluxing-ureters/