Stage 2 ckd
I was diagnosed with stage 2 kidney disease. I have no physical symptons but I know when I urinate I have bubbles in my urine. What is the prognosis for this disease and what can I do to improve kidney function?
How are you? Indeed, in most cases CKD does not cause any symptoms and may be detected through diagnsotic tests. CKD stage 2 presents with mildly reduced kidney function, and estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate  of 60-90. Treatment involves observation, control of blood pressure and risk factors. The aim is to identify individuals at risk of progressive renal disease, and reduce associated risks such as cardiovascular events and presence of proteinuria or hematuria. Most people with CKD should be able to lead normal lives. Regular follow-up with your attending physician is highly recommended.. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi bubbles in the urine, or beer head wee as I call mine lol, is usually a sign of protein in the urine, which is an indicator of kidney disease. However, only being stage 2 it would be very unusual for that to be the cause ie it is not a stage where any symptoms would be evident. Indeed, stages 2 and 3 are symtom free and usually only discovered by accident!

I just want to thank you both for your information. When I was first diagnosed I was terrified. Thanks for clearing up some of the questions I had.  
your very welcome. with the beer head wee (as I call mine) perhaps just get it checked for protein. You can actually buy the test strips from te chemist - even on ebay they are cheaper!   I bought on ebay and test my own urine weekly. I am seriously prone to urine infections as dont have a bladder, this is why the progressive ckd. I test it weekly to get early warnings of infection so my doctor can reduce the damage :)