Throbbing in Kidneys
For the last couple of weeks, I have had a dull throbbing sensation in my lower back, mainly on one side. I had a kidney stone about 6 months ago, and this is the similar pain I felt then, but I have not had any other symptoms yet. I am a 23 year old female and healthy except for being prone to kidney stones. I was wondering if any one else has had this with kidney stones or if symptoms can occur while still in the kidneys? Kidney stone is the only thing I can come up with. It is not constant but off and on.I have had an occasional quite sharp pain on my side, but never lasts. I do not have insurance anymore so I am trying to find some answers, Any would be greatly apperciated.
There is a kidney stone forum - you may get more answers there. I've had one and it got stuck in the ureter. They had to stent it. Worst pain ever.

Does sound like a kidney stone though from what I've heard other say. If you know what type of stone you have it may also help. I know that avoiding certain things in your diet (for some reason I am thinking tea is one of them, but I am uncertain) I just know that with certain types of stones there are diets that help reduce build-up.

Good luck, hope it passes quickly. And I hope you can get some insurance. I hate that there isn't universal health care in the US. I see too many good people suffering from inadequate coverage.