Treatment for Hematuria+proteinurea

I have registered on this site just today and  would really appreciate an early response to my query as it has disturbed me for the past few weeks.

I am a 28 yr old male and during a routine checkup 2 months back , blood (+++) and protein (+) was detected in urine routine test. Blood pressure on this day was observed to be 130/80, Serum Creatinine was 1.1 and ECG report was normal too.

Family Physician suggested a 3 day antibiotic course which didn't result in any change, subsequently a 5 day course was suggested (Cital+Zimnic- O) and a further urinalysis gave the same results (RBC 5-7).

Last week I visited a Nephrologist and the BP was observed to be 170/100 (possibly due to stress)  and he suggested a series of tests to be done to rule out Glomerulonephritis and a biopsy.

My concern is that primarily based on clinical reports and no other physical symtoms(pain,visial blood,swelling etc) is a biopsy a necessity at this stage?
Also, considering the presence of  blood(+++) and protein (+) how serious is the condition? Could it be curable through steroids? Look forward to hear from the experts here.
Just to add here..I have also done a sonography done to rule out kidney stones.