Unborn baby kidney problem
Good Afternoon, my name is Mitchell. i am 30 years old, i am on my first pregnancy at 20weeks with a baby boy. i have a bad news from my dr. that they detected something in my ultrasound regarding the baby kidney. my dr. said my baby has kidney cyst.(both kidney). and now i am having a hard time understandingwhat this means or ehat the possible outcome of my baby health will be. please help me to understand what this means and if you could email me at ***@**** with the answer please. thank you.

regards,
mitchell
I am so sorry to hear that. Do you or your wife have policystic kidney disease in the family?
check out this web page:http://www.pkdcure.org/.  
Good luck to all
Rose
I mean your husband--sorry--.
my father in law had one kidney failure....and had been operation about 3years ago.........is this related with my baby....genetic cause?
I don't know if your baby has the same. I am suprised that your doctor was not able to give you more information on what these cyst are. Ask your father-in law if policystic kidney was the cause of his kidnet problems.
I hope it will all work out for you and the baby.
Rose
I have 3 kidney 2 of the right side and 1 of the left side, the 1 of the left side is with cyst.... and by my wife pregnancy, the Dr told her that the unborn baby is with 3 or 4 kidney  and the left one is with cyst.....  now my baby is born,, she is just 3 months old now, and the Dr said they are to  carry out operation October 14,2009. ..I don' no what to do now....
hey i went to the doctor the other day and i founf out that my baby boy has an enlarged kidney............... it could be either hydronephrois or monoucleosis.......your baby might still come out healthy........ its just some risks that are apporaching as ur due date gets close.... they was talking bout sticking a needle down my abdmen to check my fluid dont let them do that because everything has risks. just pray n hopefully your baby will be alright.......i am 21 weeks n my baby has a kidney problem
my daughter was born with only one kidney and the only kidney she has is smaller then normal she is 2 years old now and it still hasnt grown she has high blood pressure and anemia she will need a kidney transplant one day she has bean on a special kidney formula since day one so no store bought baby formula for her and on blood pressure med since 3 months old. as long as your baby has one normal kidney he or she will be fine and can live a regula life in my daughters case she doesnt but  its still going yo be hard for you knowing some thing is rong with your baby.
I'm going thru the same I'm 18weeks and 6days. My doctor told me that they had bad news the babys kidneys aren't there.& there's no water sorounding the baby so chances of the baby coming out alive for more than 5minutes is really bad and risky for me. he won't be able to breath he will not survive..... I was stuck the I went into shock when I got home I was heartbroken very depressed now I no choice but to termante....