Unilateral Renal Failure
If one kidney was to suddenly fail, would there be any symptoms?  Or would the other working kidney be able to do the job of both kidneys?

What would happen to the blood that continued to flow in the failed kidney?  Would this unfiltered blood cause any problems?

Thanks.
no i know if one kidney goes thers symptom,s..depending o if your in renal failure...most sytoms of renal failure are itchicing real deep..potassium levels rise,,you be very tired...

THE BEST THING I WOULD DO IS GO TO ER..CUZ UR GPDOC WILL HAVE TEST RAN ANYWAYS..IF YOU ARE IN RENAL FAILURE THEY WILL ADMIT YOU..SO YOU CAN BYPASS  UR GPDOC,..ONLY IF THIS IS  THE WAY YOU WANT TO GO..

manny people can go yrs with c.k.d. BUT IF ITS A ACUTE ACTION YOU NEED TO SEEK ATTN..WHAT SYTOMS YOU HAVING IF ANY??  USUALLY WHEN 1 KIDNEY IS DISEASED  THEY BOTH WILL BE..MY FINDINDING ONLINE ONLY

ME I WAS BOURNED WITH RITE KINDEY ONLY,..IN 08  I WENT SEVRE TOXIC ON LITHIUM I WAS IN STAGE 2 RENAL FAILURE SECONDARY TO LITHIUM AND POOR PP INTAKE

PLEASE GET CHECKED ASAP