Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Unilateral Ureter Blockage - from endometrial cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

I have had severe endometriosis, I had 3 surgeries, first to remove my uterus, 2nd my right ovary & 3rd left ovary.  These surgeries did take away alot of my pain.  Except for a pain on my right side which has been there for quite some time (8 yrs at least).  At first this pain was really nothing that I would complain about, sometimes it got worse & then noticed during this time that my blood press went up & my heart rate as well.  4 years later, this pain has increasingly been worse to now it is always there & really don't know what makes it worse or better.  But it is constant & on a scale from 1 to 10, it is always a 5-6, they discovered that I have a endometrial cyst on my right ureter, the surgeon tells me that he does not believe that it is blocking the flow of urine, but I am to have surgery to scrape the endo material from the ureter tube, in the meantime however, I have right lower back pain, I have bubbles in my urine and I sweat alot (especially when I drink and I sweat an extreme amount if I drink something hot) and I don't sleep well and have to urinate many times in a day and at night.  I really believe that my kidney is involved and/or injured from this endo tissue on my ureter, I believe this endo tissue is probably in the tube and affecting the flow of urine.  What is your opinion? If they do surgery to remove the endo tissue and find out that indeed it is blocking the flow of urine - will they put in a stint for the ureter and can they at the same time know if my kidney is injured and what would they do to my kidney? Would they remove the kidney if it is injured?   My blood pressure is crazy, they finally settled it down with meds but I sincerely believe it is up due to my kidney.