Ureter stents
Last January, it was discovered that I had a growth which had pushed against the ureters causing blockage. Both my oncologist and urologist recommended ureter stents to "temporarily" open the ureters allowing better kidney function.  1 year later, I have had to have these replaced 4 times as my body starts to rejects them after 3 months and the doctors are now saying that the ureters are a permanent "solution" due to excessive scar tissue from previous surgeries.  There has to be a better answer! I am now looking at a procedure every 3 months with general anesthesia for the rest of my life (I am only 49) plus the pain associated with the stents whenever they "shift" which the doctors want to throw pain meds at.  Right before Christmas, I ended up with the stomach flu which caused a severe irritation and shift in the stents which has caused pain bad enough to keep me in bed most of the time and sometimes even nausea and vomiting. I just had the stents put in last month so they are hesitant to do another replacement at this point.  Is there another answer to this problem and how do I deal with the constant pain? Help!
I can not tolerate the pain of the stents. The only thing that slightly helped me was drinking alot of water and Pryidum. Cara