Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Urinary Problems/Leg Numbness Kidney??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urinary Problems/Leg Numbness Kidney??

Hello,

I am a 34 year old female.  I have been experiencing some unusual symptoms, and I can't seem to get a clear answer as to what is going on.  I started having pain when I urinate.  I thought that perhaps it was a UTI.  I ended up in the ER when the pain in my lower back and abdomen started.  After a urine test revealed no UTI, but trace blood, I was sent for CT and my urine and blood sent to lab.  The CT revealed no kidney stones.  My urine had calcium oxade crystals (sp?) in it and my WBC count was up.  The doctor assumed that I had passed a kidney stone and told me to take it easy.  I have since returned home, and have not felt any relief.  The pain has gotten worse.  Now, when I bend down at the waist, cough, or take a wrong step, my legs go numb.  I can feel a pain in my hips that almost feels like a pinched nerve.  I am still having trouble starting and stopping the flow of urine, as it is very painful.  I am going more frequently, in small amounts, as well.  I can't help but think that the numbness (which is what is concerning me the most right now) is somehow associated with the rest of my symptoms.  I am unsure of which doctor to go to.  I would really love some advice, and your opinion on what it may be that I am dealing with.  I really appreciate the help.  Thanks so much.