WHAT IS EGFR?
Hey, I've been sick for 3weeks with a cough but i had my routine blood work and my copy said EGFR 56 low and I have no idea what this is and my WBC was 3.3 low and TSH 52.45 high.  And the only thing the Dr was concern about was the TSH. I understand that but does this EGFR  many anything?  I would appreciate  any input! THANK YOU
HI,

This could be the estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate, which is calculated based on your serum creatinine result. This detects kidney disease in its early stages. This calculation works best for estimating reduced renal function.  However, results must be interpreted in relation to your clinical history and presenting conditions.  I would recommend that you discuss this with your doctor to clear all doubts regarding this matter. Additional tests may also be done to check your thyroid function status. Take care and regards.