Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
What is best for me to eat or not eat with CKD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

They found out i had CKD about 2 years ago at stage 3 amongst other things they have now found out also and i have also 2 cysts on my left kidney. I have heard that soaking vege for hours is a good idea but why and what am i trying to get rid of? I have never taken salt in my diet since my grandmother had heart disease and High bp which i have also had for some 38 years which started with odema and pre eclampsia with my first born. Do i cut out potassium or do i need that. I try not to eat fat. I take fish oil capsules. I have plant steroid spread. I can not eat chocolate, cheese, peanuts, oranges, yeast, wine, and am allergic to many scratch test substances like flour, dust mite and allergy mite, spores, grasses, fog and cat fur, bird feathers, pollens, and am sensitive to other stuff like chemicals and perfumes. I get asthma, and tinnitus, migraine, hayfever and sinus and get deaf alot and maybe due to collesterol or something i think my archeries have hardened somewhat as i have had some trouble with oxygen to my head a bit over the last 20 years or so. I have not been able to drink milk so i have soya milk or rice milk. I take cetirizine and nose sprays, calcium and bp pills as well as water pills. I take calcium and andronic acid for my osteo and arthritis and all the sprays for my allergies. I get blood tests regullaly and see a doctor at the hospital for colesterol but the pills all give me tinnitus so i have tried them all and they wont give them to me now. I have other problems too like a trapped nerve in my back. My question is, i want to be in some control of what i can eat or at least feel i am. Nobody actually tells me much about diet. Is there one, and what should i avoid.
Tags: ckd, Allergies, eat
I'm looking for answers to similar questions, but just wanted to mention that if you have problems with peanuts then you may be allergic to legumes, and soy is a legume, so I would stay away from soy milk and other products with soy, which is harder to do than it sounds!