Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
What is it that I could have?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

What is it that I could have?

I have urinary retention for two weeks now, tomorrow I may have full diagnoses, weather its due to infection or blockage, i had it for 2 weeks now, when i want to urinate i stand for a while then it comes and not always fluently, i have to drink tons of water to urinate more than once, i just want to know what test to do to know if the kidney is full of fluids?? and how to evaluate its condition other than the creatinine level, mine is 1.2 now, I'm scared, i have the retention and pain in my left side, i did a ct scan but without dye, as I'm afriad something is wrong with my kidneys so I didn't want to push them more by injecting dye into my system, also the emergency doc i went to said this is due to infection and he prescribed cipro 250, is it safe to take it? all my blood work is within normal range and my sonar showed no stones, the CT ( without dye only drank lots of water) showed 2mm opaque stone ad middle calyx of left kidney, mild fullness of left pelvicalyceal system and ectatic left ureter and no stones in the bladder, should i do it with dye in order to be more visible? and since I have the retention I'm afraid the dye might damage my kidneys, please help anyone ;(
Wanted to stop by and say welcome to the community.  I'm not sure since I'm just a patient like you, but please stop back and let us know what your docs say regarding your test results, etc.  Kidney stones can cause pain and sometimes not show up, too, like mine.  But usually they do. Actually a CT Scan w/o dye is the gold standard for finding them unlike ultrasound or CT with dye.  But, I guess the dye would show other areas of blockage maybe . not sure.

C~
Thanks very much for your answer, now all my symptoms are delayed urine and the flow itself is not strong as it was also if i didn't drink enough water, urinating becomes difficult, you know when we wake up in the morning, we one urinates fluently, mine is not like this anymore, all my blood work and urine test are normal just showed few crystals and ct without dye showed small 2mm opaque stone in left kidney, but the doc say its not what is causing my symptoms, he suspects the prostate gland, since I was an addict to masturbation, and i use to do it without ejaculating as well, I still don't know, gonna do another ct on Saturday, wish me luck, and thanks again for your reply...