Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
What is the relation between chest pain and kidney stones?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is the relation between chest pain and kidney stones?

I was in the ER not too long ago for pain from my kidney stones and the PA (I think that's what he was...) told me that I needed to go back if I experienced chest pain and shortness of breath.  Well, I did, and stupid me didn't go back to the ER, but I was over an hour and a half away...but anyway.  I've been trying to look online for any sort of correlation between the two, and I haven't been having any luck.  I was wondering if someone could tell me why they're related?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
I read your post, but I'm not sure ................a friend of mine had that happen when she developed an infection from a stone not passing .. but I am only a patient and not a Dr.  You could call the # they left on the ER papers and ask them anytime.  That is what I'd do.

Cheryl (calcium oxalate stones with MSK - medullary sponge kidney)
Blank
How are you? Kidney stone pain is often associated with low back pain and abdominal pain. Kidney stones, especially those in the left kidney, can also cause significant amounts of nausea and even vomiting. As the stone moves further down the ureter toward the bladder, the pain often radiates in the groin and genital areas. In men, the pain may radiate to the scrotum. In women, the pain may radiate to the labia or even the vagina.

Regarding your chest pain, causes maybe cardiac in origin or not, but not from kidney stones. But if you experience this, it is important that you seek medical help for proper evaluation. You can read more about this through this link: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/chest_pain/page2_em.htm#Chest%20Pain%20Causes

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank