Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Which deodorants can kidney patients use?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Which deodorants can kidney patients use?

I noticed on all deodorants I have looked at that it says to not use them if you have kidney disease.  Can anyone tell me which deodorants kidney patients can safely use?  Please provide brand names.  Thanks.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Tom's of Maine has a natural deodorant that works well and is available in the supermarket or bigger drug stores. I use the unscented so it isn't just covering up the smell but actually deodorizing. I also use Terra Naturals because they have really nice scents. Mine is Pear-Apple. I have only found it in the bigger organic stores. I have never noticed a warning on them before about kidney disease. I just use the natural stuff to avoid the chemicals in deodorents which cause me irritation.
Blank
Thanks for the information.
Blank
Thanks. I am brand new to knowing I have kidney disease and I didn't know about the deoderant issue. Wow my daily living and diet are sure about to change.
Blank
I see a nephrologist and I have never been advised to change deodorants. My issue was caused by over-use of NSAIDS so maybe thats why he hasn't been too concerned. I will ask him about the deodorant at my next visit.
Blank
963889_tn?1359680934
OMG am loving this forum, even if getting overwhelmed, such a steep learning curve, didnt know I even had to watch my deoderants!!!! heck where does it end
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...