Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
abdominal swelling and leg swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

abdominal swelling and leg swelling

Please someone help!!!!!!!! I am a 37 yr old female. Very fit and athletic. One month or so ago I began having pain near my right ovary and sometimes on both sides of abdomen. Ultrasound and abdominal xrays were fine and so was my colonoscopy. I then began to swell in my abdomen and now has move a few weeks later into my upper legs. I am exercising so much every day to help combet the swelling and it is not working. Also I am not eating as much for fear of getting bigger. I am waiting on CA125 and liver, kidney and gallbladder blood tests to come back. My blood pressure is typically 80/60 and pulse is 54. Please help me as I am super scared. Does this sound like kidney problems?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Your scans appeared to be fine. If any structural abnormality is present this will usually show in the scan .

Have you had a pap smear done? What were the results ?

A baseline BUN, creatinine, serum albumin and quantitative urine protein levels may be able to help. Although one expects a generalized form of edema when kidney problems are involved , this may be necessary to rule out a underlying kidney problem.

At this point, we can not really tell the direct underlying cause for your condition. Abdominal swelling needs further evaluation. Kidney disease is only one of the primary differentials.

Have you had pregnancies before? If yes, how old were you during your first pregnancy?

Any problems with urination or any changes in the character of your urine?

I know you are worried about this. Let us wait for the results of your tests. Continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Keep us posted with the results of your examinations.