Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
about creatinine and potassium

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

about creatinine and potassium

my father has bone cancer.  he has one goog kedney.
his creatinine is 2.18 which is too hig for him to receive zometa for his cancer.
his potassium ic 5.5 and kidney dr said thats not good.  can work on potassium with diet.
what can be done about the creartinine to help that?

thanks jan
creatine isa muscle in ur kidneys that shows how well or how not so well that the kidney funshion..so if your dads potassium is 5.5 thats a very sevre level..he should be on dialysis this high of potassium..the creatine is high...i went toxic on litiem this time last yr..my creatine went from 1.0  to 2.8  so my gfr  went to 4.8  i was in stage 2 renal failure secondary to lithiem toxicity  and lack of PO...so all the creatine does is shows good or bad..this is a simple blood test to determine KF.....i know it comes up and down...but if its say 2.8 for along time it wont go down that much to matter..cu the patient has already gotten KF....get your father to a dockter asap, to preform dialyses..on the potassium...the range is 3.5-5.0  and you say hes 5.5...i was 5.4  before and stopped eating  potassium  the best i could,..it went down to 4.8...please  check with his docter asap...