Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
accupunture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

accupunture

I know someone that only has 1 kidney is 81 years old and her kidney lthat she has has is not functioning properly' Will getting accupucture help the kidney function better
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and welcome,
In correcting kidney problems acupuncture stimulates specific energy points to stabilize the circulation and establish harmony in the body. It accelerates blood circulation for the kidneys. Acupuncture relieves pain, helps our bodies and kidneys in relieving them of excretory substances. It cannot be determined whether it will be useful in a person with only one kidney whose kidney has deteriorated. It is best to seek the opinion of her nephrologist whether she will be benefited from acupuncture or not. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!

I would focus more on diet, but if she is doing that than the acupunture won't hurt anything.