at what creatinine level is dialysis needed

My Father in Law, 67 years, has been suffering from Diabetes for over 20 years. Recently, he took her blood tests and found that her Creatinine level has shot up to 4.1

What I wanted to know was:

1) Can this creatinine level be brought down?
2) If not, can this be maintained?
3) Is there a prescribed diet or exercise for this?
4) Can he prevent the kidney from further damage?
5) At what level is dialysis required? Can this be avoided?

Thanks,
I have been a diabetic almost all my life. Not because of it did I loose my right kidney it was from lupus. 4.1 is high, what does his doctor say? Mine right now is at 2.10 yet just found out I have a kidney infection and it makes me wonder does you Father-in-law also have one? If so the doc will,put him on antibodics and it will go down.

I know if mine was that high I would be on the phone to see the doc to find out what the heck was going on ASAP.
My father is just 55 years old,due to diabatic& BP his creatine levelgone up 7. Last 2 years his cretinine level is constant at4.3.How his creatinine level can come downo.Please help me

His teatment isgoing under best doctor in Mumbai
Hi, There,

I know how you must be feeling, and how concerned you are about your father-in-law, but don't jump to conclusions so readily. About a year ago my Creatine level jumped up over 140 (must be a different scale). One doctor said I had advanced Chronic Kidney Disease, and that I would be on dialysis in 5~10 years. I went to another doctor who did a blood check for a kidney or bladder infection, and sure enough I had one. He prescribed penicillin for two weeks and my creatinine level has remained consistently at around 110 for a year now. Some doctors, use creatinine levels too strictly for making diagnoses for CKD when there are often other factors. Please make sure another factor is not causing the elevated levels. An untreated acute infection could turn serious, as well, if not treated.

Elevated levels are a strong indication CKD, but are by no means, a definite tool for diagnosis.

Hope that helps!