benign familial hematuria
hello, my ten year old daughter was diagnosed with benign familial hematuria, the normal blood test showed mild microcytosis (70 fl), the hematuria arises together with fever about 6-7 times a year.

as i have 4 children, i can easily say that throughout the year, it seems to me like she is more prone to normal child ilnesses such as cold and congestion then my boys were, is there any connection?

is there a treatment or supplementation that could improve her immune function or alleviate the symptoms of the disease?

thank you in advance,

Ariel
Hello mam and hope you are doing well.

In addition to hematuria, Benign familial hematuria may also cause hemolytic anemias, pyrexia and increased bleeding tendencies. So, she could be prone for more infections. How about trying to act at the preventive end? Avoid contact with people suffering from throat infections. Diet which is well balanced with adequate proteins and non-refined carbohydrates with plenty of fruits and vegetables will build up her immunity. In addition, let her have good physical activity to increase her appetite and boost up stamina.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.