blood test
Hi, i had prostate cancer and radiation about 3 years back. doing good and my psa is.05 steady, i had a blood test last week to check the psa. I had not fasted and did eat quite a bit of kentucky fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravey, a biscuit and 2 cans of coke 1 hour or so before the blood drawn.
My blood suger is 146
         bun 34
         creatinine 1.65
I have blood tests every six month for the prostate and never had these readings. i had fasted with prior tests.
my doctor want say i have low kidney function and says to see a uroligist.
Should i see one or a Nephrodgist and also how do you feel about the test and not fasting.
thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Blood sugar on the higher side could be due taking the sample after eating. As for creatinine levels, the normal ranges are 0.5 to 1.0 mg/dL (about 45-90 μmol/l) for women and 0.7 to 1.2 mg/dL (60-110 μmol/l) for men. Your value is on the higher side. It is not related to fasting. This could sometimes occur due to muscle injury. So, repeat your test and if still raised you can consult your urologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi and really thanks for the reply. I went to the uro yesterday and did an ultra sound and said all the plumbing tubes are ok and said i should see a kidney doc for follow up. Also found a trace of blood in my urine. Said is common but is sending the sample for cancer bladder testing. Can you tell me more about the muscle injury as did some pretty heavy lifting that we. Had a yard work honey do list with cinder blocks and heavy plant moving. My creatinne level has always been normal and have them tested every six months as a cancer precaution.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Creatine phosphate is used in skeletal muscle contraction. Creatinine is a breakdown product of creatine. Creatinine blood levels can increase temporarily as a result of muscle injury and sometimes due to strenuous exercise. And the common causes for painless bleeding in the urine are infections of the kidney/bladder, disorders of the kidney/bladder, tumors, certain blood disorders, strenuous exercise and certain medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.