Aa
A
A
Close
396332 tn?1320007215
burping, stomach pain, leg pain
I have been burping constantly for the past couple months for some weird reason. My stomach feels bloated on the right lower side with mild pain on and off. I went to a gastrenologist and they ran an X ray test with Barium to light up my digestive track- everything was normal. Blood work - normal. I thought I would find out I had an ulcer or something . OK now here is the other story .... my right hip has always kind of hurt for the last year or so. Kind of achy pain in the lower back/ buttocks region. I always thought it was some kind of herniated disc or sciata. Now I am getting some pain down the my leg in my knee and my ankle is swelling. Do these two things sound related?? I do not know whats going on. I see the doctor monday but thought I would get some opinions. I am a 23 year old male- 155 pounds in fairly good health
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
725741 tn?1245090207
Hi **,

First let me ask if you've been diagnosed with a kidney disease.  I'm experiencing the same issues.  The thing is that I'm in stage 4 CKD with secondary hyperparathyroidism.  The burping I'm having is a result of the hyperparathyroidism as well as the joint pain.  I'm currently taking calcitriol and 800 IU of Vitamin D daily.  I noticed when I ran out of the Vitamin D for a few days it felt like someone was trying to rip my hip out of place.  It was very painful.  And it is in my right hip too.  I don't know the exact science but with hyperparathyroidism causes the  Vit D to be imbalanced which in turn affects the calcium levels.  Its an ugly process but I hope you feel better soon.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources