burping, stomach pain, leg pain
I have been burping constantly for the past couple months for some weird reason. My stomach feels bloated on the right lower side with mild pain on and off. I went to a gastrenologist and they ran an X ray test with Barium to light up my digestive track- everything was normal. Blood work - normal. I thought I would find out I had an ulcer or something . OK now here is the other story .... my right hip has always kind of hurt for the last year or so. Kind of achy pain in the lower back/ buttocks region. I always thought it was some kind of herniated disc or sciata. Now I am getting some pain down the my leg in my knee and my ankle is swelling. Do these two things sound related?? I do not know whats going on. I see the doctor monday but thought I would get some opinions. I am a 23 year old male- 155 pounds in fairly good health
Hi **,

First let me ask if you've been diagnosed with a kidney disease.  I'm experiencing the same issues.  The thing is that I'm in stage 4 CKD with secondary hyperparathyroidism.  The burping I'm having is a result of the hyperparathyroidism as well as the joint pain.  I'm currently taking calcitriol and 800 IU of Vitamin D daily.  I noticed when I ran out of the Vitamin D for a few days it felt like someone was trying to rip my hip out of place.  It was very painful.  And it is in my right hip too.  I don't know the exact science but with hyperparathyroidism causes the  Vit D to be imbalanced which in turn affects the calcium levels.  Its an ugly process but I hope you feel better soon.