cratinine
my fathers creatinine is 10. what does that mean? is he going to die? is there no cure for that to go back in its normal?
Has your father had a kidney-function test?

A Creatinine level of 10 is fairly high and usually indicates impaired kidney function.

Don't worry... he's not going to die. He may need kidney dialysis, but death doesn't play into it unless he becomes septic.

Get him to a urologist and have them do a full renal work up on him to see how well/or poorly his kidney's are functioning.
Dear bubss301,

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but unfortunately once your kidney function drops below a certain range there is no going back to normal without a miracle. With a creatinine level of 10, your father's GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate) is below the lowest level of function, therefore, he will be needing some form of dialysis and/or kidney transplantation.

Brief Explanation:
Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): Your GFR tells how much kidney function you have. It may be estimated from your blood level of creatinine. If your GFR falls below 30 you will need to see a kidney disease specialist (called a nephrologist), Your kidney doctor will speak to you about treatments for kidney failure like dialysis or kidney transplant. A GFR below 15 indicates that you need to start one of these treatments.

To read more see the website I copied this from:
http://www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/ckd/knowgfr.cfm

Best wishes,
Barbie (kidney transplant patient)
my father also have a problem of kidney, his cretinine level is 10.7 .. what can i di?
If your fathers creatinine is that high the doctor should already be planning an access for dialysis. Surely they have mentioned that to you or someone around him? To be at 10 on your creatinine would be somewhere around 5 or so on the gfr. That's way below what you need to start dialysis.