Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
dialysis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dialysis?

Hi, I'm currently on dialysis 3 times/wk, and I'm still urinating quite a bit. I have no weight gain before every treatment. I've been noticing that dialysis is making me feel worse than I normally do. After each treatment my blood pressure would jump into the 200s/100s. I feel like I'm not retaining fluid and feel much better, along with good blood pressure on days that I don't have dialysis. Is this normal of someone who's on dialysis? Should I think about stopping dialysis?

Thanks
Related Discussions
1308559_tn?1322689445
  Have  you  discussed this  with your  Dr?    
Have you  ever  heard of  peritoneal  dialysis  (PD)?        I've  been doing  PD  for  over  6yrs  and  feel  great  most  of  the  time.  No up  or  downs  like  on  hemo.  B/P  is pretty  stable.   In  fact  I  was on  B/P  meds  pre-dialysis,  but  a month  into  PD  I was  taken off  B/P  meds.

I  wouldn't  stop  dialysis.   DIalysis is  what  will keep you  alive  and  well,,  you must  discuss    how  you  feel   to  your  health  care  professionals  and  see  if  they  need to  make  adjustments  to your  treatment.

take  care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank