diet for medulla sponge kidney disease
What type of diet do you recommend for someone with medulla sponge kidney disease?  Thank you for your assistance.

This discussion is related to spongy kidney.
Hi there,
In medullary sponge kidney disease there is fluid retention in the ducts of your kidneys. Diet and exercise can lessen the severity of kidney stones which may form. Organic diet may be helpful. A diet low in high protein foods like meat, low in high oxalate foods like spinach, rhubarb, peanuts, and low in sodium may help. A diet high in fiber like fruits, vegetables can be very helpful. Vitamin A is helpful in preventing the formation of stones. The good sources of vitamin A are alfalfa, apricots, cantaloupes, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and squash. In case of vitamin D deficiency due to the damaged kidneys, vitamin D supplements can help. It is important to discuss with your doctor about the dietary modifications. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you so much for your helpful advice.  I truly appreciate any info I can get on this disease.  Thanks again!
We have a Medullary Sponge Kidney community:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Medullary-Sponge-Kidney-Disease-MSK-/show/256

Many MSK'ers (like me) are there, too!

Welcome!

C~