Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
does healthy urine = a healthy kidney?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

does healthy urine = a healthy kidney?

my boyfriend hardly drinks water and he drinks alot of alcohol all the time and he doesn't seem to go to the bathroom much, so i noticed his urine is always kind of really yellow, after he told me his lower waist hurts, i had him go do a body check with me at the emergency room and the doctor tested his urine and said that "don't worry his urine is normal!" but they got him to do a blood test which we won't get the results in for until a few more days, so since the doctor saids his urine is fine (dipping some...stick into the urine method he told me) and when i ask the doc if his kidneys are alright he kept saying "his urine is fine!" so does this mean his kidney is ok (atleast for now?) they asked if his urine has any blood or thickness and he said no.

he has never done any medical checks before in his life, and he doesn't tell me much...so sorry i'm being a bother here, the clinics are closed until tomorrow and we just got back from the emergency room 4 hours ago, i can't sleep please help me i'm worried sick!

what the  ER  Dr  meant  was  that  there was  no  protein  present  in the urine. Usually  when  there's  protein  present it  means that  the  kidneys  are  letting protein  escape  (which is not  a good  thing).
Yellow  urine    confirms  what you  just  told us:  HE  DOES  HARDLY  DRINKS  ANY  WATER.         Since  alcohol  is  also  a  diuretic,  he's  most  likely  dehyrated  from  drinking  too  much  alcohol  and  not  enough  water.

I  would  tell your  bf  to  go  get his  labs  done  A.S.P.A  tell him it  will give you  peace of mine to  see  that  he's  okay.