Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
does healthy urine = a healthy kidney?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does healthy urine = a healthy kidney?

my boyfriend hardly drinks water and he drinks alot of alcohol all the time and he doesn't seem to go to the bathroom much, so i noticed his urine is always kind of really yellow, after he told me his lower waist hurts, i had him go do a body check with me at the emergency room and the doctor tested his urine and said that "don't worry his urine is normal!" but they got him to do a blood test which we won't get the results in for until a few more days, so since the doctor saids his urine is fine (dipping some...stick into the urine method he told me) and when i ask the doc if his kidneys are alright he kept saying "his urine is fine!" so does this mean his kidney is ok (atleast for now?) they asked if his urine has any blood or thickness and he said no.

he has never done any medical checks before in his life, and he doesn't tell me much...so sorry i'm being a bother here, the clinics are closed until tomorrow and we just got back from the emergency room 4 hours ago, i can't sleep please help me i'm worried sick!