Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
gfr 47

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

gfr 47

one year ago I went to doctor had bp of 153/120 never went back, until now. bp of 183/165 did blood and urin test my GFR 47, he put me on bp pills and a refural for kidney specialist. what does GFR 47 mean ? age 50 white female
That is your kidney function number. I am also in the 40's. It's stage 3 kidney disease. A normal is around 90 or so give or take a little.  Here is a link you can look at that calculates your gfr.  http://www.davita.com/gfr-calculator/#app=266&9990-selectedIndex=1    I went ahead and calculated it for you to get your creatinine. Your at 1.2. You def need to get that bp under control that really high and will damage your kidney even more if not controlled.